Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's Get Lost

Orion You Came and You Took All My Marbles by Kira Henehan
256 pages

published by Milkweed Editions

Pretty much every review of this novel I've read (professional and otherwise) has had two things in common: they (1) have no idea what is really going on plot wise and (2) this doesn't really bother them. I second that motion. I had a tenuous grasp of the happenings from page to page and by the end, surprisingly, I didn't really mind that I was lost in this absurd, shrimp and gravel-filled world. Also, it's pretty darn funny. Also, the book jacket is a little "hip-young-adult-chick-lit", but that ain't her fault.

Kira is a "friend" of mine on Goodreads.com. So there is bias. Deal with it.

Check out reviews of Orion... at Bookslut, The Believer, and The Millions.

2 comments:

  1. I read the review in the Believer and was excited to hear your take on it, but I'm afraid I don't have much to go on here by way of a decisive recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'd recommend it. Though it is rather...perplexing.

    ReplyDelete